CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Zumba and Steps


Will I make it?!

Let’s get this week started out right! Well I’ve done that, but kind of threw in a wrench Monday night. Laurie set a goal of 8,000 steps for me on Monday. I knew it would be a stretch to get there, but with Zumba and strength training with her afterwards, I thought I might just make it. Well, I didn’t quite get there. We noticed after my workouts that it didn’t count my steps right during the strength session. I tried to estimate what we might have done and added it to the steps I actually had, but I still came up short. I did manage to break 6,000 though.

Yesterday I didn’t feel so well. I can pretty much tell you why though. I’m going to be outright honest here – I cheated and ate some of my mom’s pizza after supper Monday night. Let me tell you, it did NOT agree with my stomach at all. I felt like crap about all day yesterday. I know my trainers won’t be happy about my cheating, but I can tell you I won’t be doing it anymore! After just 2 weeks of Paleolithic eating, my tastes and digestion have already changed some. It’s crazy to think how much really can change in just 2 weeks of changing your eating habits!



So last night I didn’t have any other training scheduled, so Laurie told me to go to step class with Cindy. I’ve done the class before, so I knew what to expect. It’s tough for someone not used to all those steps. My hip actually started bothering me halfway through the class so I had to modify some of the moves; BUT it got in my steps for the day! I finally hit 8,000 (8,368 to be exact!)! That was the exciting part! Now the challenge is to see if I can hit that 8k without step class. Catch up with me tomorrow to see how I did…..


0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.