CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 10 - Weights

I finally got to work out with Bobby last night. He took me over to the gym beside the studio (where he also trains) and did some warm-up on the treadmill and weights. It has been a long time since I’ve worked out with weights, and I have to say I’ve missed it (missed the treadmill too!). I’m not very strong in my arms right now, but I’ll get there. I’m okay with curls and shoulder height stuff; but when it comes to lifting above my head….man am I weak! I used a medicine ball for the first time too. You wouldn’t think that holding about an 8-10lb weight while you do certain things (squats, trunk twists, throws, and knee lifts) would be that big of a deal, but it is. It adds just enough extra weight to make it challenging! I really enjoyed it!

This whole week has been really good. I have been challenged, but not so much that I want to stop or give up. I am excited about this process and can’t wait for my next workout. I never thought I would be saying that. I never thought I would look forward to workouts. I like it and I’m excited!!!


I worked out with Carlos again this morning and I'm going grocery shopping with Laurie this evening, so I'll blog about those later tonight/tomorrow.

0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.