CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Life and Workouts

Whatever journey you’re on, life happens. I have been working on this transformation challenge for 2 weeks now. Last week was great, I worked out 6 days and had a restful Sunday. I will admit that this week has been hard. I didn’t get a real workout in on Tuesday. I was only able to do about 10 minutes of rowing then I remembered a ton of stuff I had to get done before going to bed, plus I had food on the stove cooking for lunch. Life took over and I didn’t finish my workout. I did get my Zumba in last night though. I had a great dinner (steak, “fried” sweet potatoes, and salad) and Carlos came over to clean out my fridge and cabinets. Oh, and they posted a video of my first workout with Carlos and Bobby on the website, so check it out on the Inspire 4 Life Facebook page.

Wednesday Dinner - YUM!

After finally going to the grocery store with Laurie on Saturday, I now have no reason not to eat Paleolithic. They have supplied me the ingredients and I have to come up with the meals. That has been a real challenge for me. I am not used to eating these foods and the way this lifestyle encompasses. I’m used to my bread, pasta, potatoes, corn, etc. I’m used to just coming home from a workout and my meal being on the table because my loving mother cooked for me. She doesn’t even know how to fix the foods I need to eat. I’ve had to do a lot of research for recipes and ideas on how to fix things in a way that I think I might like. I found a few that I’ve already tried, and some that I want to try. Most have been a success, some not so much; but I’m learning. It’s a process that requires more preparation than I’ve ever been used to. It has always been automatic that I take leftovers to work the next day. Now that my mom doesn’t really cook for me, I have to really plan. I have to plan in advance what I’m going to have the next day, two, or three so that I can fix what I need.

Wednesday Lunch
This weekend is really going to be a challenge. We are going to Indiana for our family reunion. There are typical food stops that we always make along that way that I can’t stop for this time. I probably won’t be able to have anything that anyone brings to the reunion food-wise. I’m not going to have a lot of time to do any workouts. The plus is that all my family up there knows the journey I’m on and the sacrifices I am making. I think they’ll understand if I sneak off to the gym for an hour or so. Maybe I can even motivate some of them to join me! I’ll even make a Paleolithic dish and dessert (maybe) to take to the reunion. There are going to be A LOT of temptations, I hope I can withstand!! I probably won’t be able to post again until I get back. So be on the lookout for my results for the weekend on Monday!

from my workout with Bobby

0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.