CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Stepping It Up


We had a great Inspired! meeting Thursday. Carlos talked about trying to get our 10k steps in and finding ways to get it done. We also started discussing different options for meals, like what we can eat for breakfast and lunch. I can’t wait to get my almond flour because right now I’m eating a lot of eggs for breakfast and I’m kinda getting sick of them. LOL. Once I get that in, I can make some different things for breakfast, and even treats (cookies!). I’ve been finding and finally trying some more recipes. Some of them have turned out pretty good, others just not quite like I expected/wanted.

Sweet Potato Fries

Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup
I also had Zumba Thursday night. And even though I had that, I didn’t make my goal of 7,000 steps. I had to make an unexpected trip to Pendleton, so that took a lot of the time that I would have been able to get in my extra steps. I did make sure to hit 6,000 though Thursday, Friday, and yesterday.

Bobby definitely helped me get in my steps on Friday. He asked me first thing how many steps I had in already. He had quite a few exercises in mind to help push me farther. We did 12 straight minutes of circuit training, no rests – squats, rows, curls, shoulder press, tricep extension, and pushups. I did probably about 7 rounds of those. Then we did step ups and on to alternating seated squats and knee lifts. My legs were burning! Plus we did some swinging ropes, side tilts, trunk twists, and punches using a bungee rope for tension. If that weren’t enough, he threw in some “farmer walks” carrying 50lbs of weight and walking knee lifts!


I was worn slap out! BUT I still had to come back yesterday morning for my workout with Carlos. SO, I get up early to go workout with Carlos yesterday at 7:45am. He has a boot camp class before I come and he warned me. He was pumped and ready to go! Boy was he ever! He had a whole workout planned for me, one similar to what they do in his boot camp class. Well, in the middle of doing push-ups, he asks me about my workout with Bobby. I told him everything we did and he has to change his workout because it’s too similar to what he was going to do. Now I really don’t know what to expect. He says we’re going outside. Okay. We’re going to run. WHAT?! RUN?! Yes, run. This fat girl ran. There are two buildings: the studio and Core 24 Gym. We “power” walked the length of one building then ran the other length. Turned around and did it again….and again….and again - about 8 times - walking then running. Get done with that and he wants me to do tire flips and sledgehammer swings. I had to do about 4-6 rounds of that. THEN he mentions suicides – run the length of 2 parallel parking spaces, do 10 jumping jacks, turn around and do it again. I couldn’t really tell you how many of those I did. I probably haven’t really run since like 6th grade! My legs were some serious jell-o! But I did it!


I honestly can’t say how much I love each of my trainers. Both Bobby and Carlos told me during their workouts this week that they were going to step it up for me. They felt a desire and obligation to do that for me. Yes, that means harder workouts, but it also means that really care about my end result. It means that they are concerned about where I go from here. Laurie pushes me every single time I walk into one of her classes or training session. These people really care. I am honored and privileged to have the first transformation opportunity at Inspire 4 Life Fitness!



0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.