CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Reason I Do What I Do

I know I have actually already posted for today, but I can't help but share this with you. A friend of mine that I went through my teenage years with and haven't seen in years sent me a message today. This is what she wrote:

Alisha,
I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading your blog & am so inspired by you! I have been morbidly obese my ENTIRE life, and seeing your determination to change direction and do what it takes to live well instead of just being alive has really spoken to me. I began my own journey to change one month ago. Saying it is hard to change 29 years of toxic eating habits is an understatement. I would rather eat bread than chocolate any day! But slowly, as I see results of my hard work, along with yours, I am inspired to do better. I hope I don't come off as weird or "stalkish" lol. Sometimes it's just nice to know someone is rooting for you. Good luck & God speed!

This brought me to tears. This message is the very reason I blog and share my story -- success and failures! I know there are people out there in the same boat as me that are just as "depressed" about their situation but think it's too hard to chage. YES, it's hard -- but it will ALL be worth it in the end! The failures keep me in check and make me stronger and want to push harder the next time. The successes let me know that I CAN do this and give me confidence to continue on. So keep sending those messages and comments!!

0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.