CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 1

I have quite a few people that have requested that I keep them update with my progress and the transformation journey. Well today was day one. It felt like just another day, but at the same time it didn’t. It was almost like today was the first day of the rest of my life. In essence it kind of was. I’ve been on a plateau for the past two months, edging toward the cliff, ready to fall off. Today, I backed away from that cliff. It felt really good. It felt good to know that I have a purpose again; that I have a goal to reach for. I had the motivation to stay away from the snacks and empty calories. I ate fairly well today, except for my one snickerdoodle cookie. I felt in control again. It’s hard to not feel in control and the toll it can take on your habits and emotions.


Zumba was amazing! I felt like everyone was watching me though, which was awkward. But at the same time, it made me work that much harder and to keep pushing. I got a couple of extra looks, pushes, and encouragement from Laurie during class. Then afterward I stuck around to talk with her about our plan and my eating for the day. She showed me a few arm workouts to do at home with some light weights. I’m gonna start working on that and getting a pedometer to count my steps.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous about what’s to come. I am; but at the same time I’m excited. I know I’m going to be pushed beyond my limits. I know I’m going to be sore and tired. I know it is going to take a real sacrifice to make this work. But I can honestly say I’m ready. I am ready for what’s to come and the new goals I’m going to reach throughout this month and the months to come. Let’s do this!!

0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.