CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 6, 2012

Days 2-5

So I haven’t had much time to blog this past week. Thursday we had the first Inspired! meeting at the studio. It’s like Weight Watchers, but it’s the Inspire 4 Life version! :) They obviously have some different views, information, and ways of doing things than WW. This first meeting was basic informational and getting weighed/measured. I compared that measurements that Laurie got to mine, and they’re pretty close so I’m happy with that. I measured myself last night and I’ve lost 1.5 inches this past month! YAY! I like that number much better than my 0 and 0.75! That puts me to 39.5 inches lost in almost 11 months. I’m interested to see where I am at the end of the month with this transformation process.

So on Thursday, while at the Inspired! meeting, Carlos (one of the trainers) asked me if I was staying for a class. I told him that I hadn’t planned on it because I hadn’t even been home from work yet to change clothes, eat, or anything. Laurie convinced me to go home to change and come to her Zumba class at 6:15. Granted this meeting was at 4:45pm. I left there around 5:20 and went home to scarf down a sandwich and change clothes and be on time for class! And, oh my heavens! That additional Zumba was CRAZY!!! My arms and legs were SO SORE! I didn’t expect just one extra class to make that much difference but it did. I was making some pretty painful faces, but I made it through!


Friday and Saturday, I got my workout on by moving boxes and totes into the living room (Friday) and outside (Saturday) for our Yard Sale. I didn’t do much else Saturday night or Sunday. We actually travelled to see my cousin Mike Bowling (The Bowling Family) in concert in Greer. It’s always great to see him! We’re planning to go see him the Friday we go to Indiana for our family reunion. He’ll be about 30 minutes or so away from where my aunt lives. Plus, I’m hoping to be able to swing through Ohio to see my former youth pastor and his wife. Love and miss them TONS, so if we’re close we try to go see them.

I’m pretty excited [and nervous] about this week. We are really going to kick things into gear and I have my first workout with Carlos today at 4:45 before Zumba. I’m excited to see what he’s going to do and how I make it through Zumba! We’re also [finally! ;)] going to do the pantry raid and grocery trip this week. I’m ready to get on board with the food they want me to eat and changing some habits. I also still have to get with Bobby about when he wants me to train with him. My weeks are going to be JAM PACKED from now until this transformation is over! I know it’s going to be tiring and trying, but I also know it’s going to be worth it in the end. God showed me favor enough to let me win this contest and I am going to make the best of it to the very end. When I get down and exhausted, I am leaning on you readers and followers for encouragement! You have helped me thus far with your comments and positivity; I know you’ll help me get through this when I don’t think I can go any farther! For now, it’s one workout at a time. Keep pushing on…

0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.