CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 11 - New Experiences

So I had my second workout with Carlos yesterday morning. I met him at the studio at 7:45am! I have never worked out that early in my life! But I know this experience is going to be full of firsts. We had a great workout. He worked me hard without a doubt! There were a few times where I was like “holy cow, this is craziness!” I definitely had to push through some weakness. There was one exercise that he wanted me to do (side leg raises while on all fours) that I just couldn’t do. Thursday during Zumba, I felt like I pulled or strained a muscle in my glute. It hurt and I did some stretches and put some heat on it that night. Friday it was a little better, but it was still tender. I thought I’d be okay yesterday, but when Carlos wanted me to do that one exercise, I just couldn’t do it – the pain was still there. Anyway, we adapted and kept going. He concentrated on arms/shoulders and legs. I thought I was sore Monday after his workout – that was nothing compared to today! I think the combination of Bobby Friday then Carlos yesterday really pushed me beyond my comfort level. I love it though! It feels so good to know that my body is being tested and “growing” in ways that I never could have done on my own.

Another new experience was the shopping trip with Laurie last night. I met her at Ingles and she guided me through the grocery store. She helped me pick the right foods, knowing what to get and what to stay away from. We also picked a few foods that I’m not so sure of to see if I’ll like them or not. I came home and unloaded everything, took a few pictures, then made my first “real” Paleo meal. I had scrambled eggs with organic salsa and pan seared pork chops…all cooked in coconut oil. I don’t know how I like the coconut oil just yet. It’s definitely different. There are going to be a lot of different things this month; stuff I’m not used to and doing things so differently. I’m going to try it though. If I don’t like it, I’ll figure something else out! But then again I may find something that I love that I never would have tried or bought before. It’s all about new things and I know it’s worth it. I am blessed to have this opportunity for this transformation and new experiences!


0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.