CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 14, 2012

One Week!

Not long after I started on this weight-loss journey, I made a goal -- to walk a 5K. Well, next Saturday is the day!!! :) I researched and researched all the races that are going on this month and next and finally decided on the Greenville News Run Downtown. I absolutely love downtown Greenville, so I thought this would be the perfect first race for me. I started getting nervous every time I looked at the website and when it came time to register. I was intimidated by the thought that I was actually going to commit to this thing and afraid that I might not be able to complete it. But I did it! I finally registered a couple of weeks ago and I am so excited now! There is still some nervousness as race day approaches, but I know I can do it. I have been walking with Leah a few times a week and went this past Sunday over to Greenville and walked the course with Jessica. I wanted/needed to see what the course was like and we took our time -- we completed it with a little modification after we took a wrong turn and almost ended up in the ghetto! LOL :) I'm sure my nerves will continue to build this week but I can't wait until Saturday. I want to prove to the WORLD and myself that I'm in this for the long haul and I CAN do this!! This is more than just a 5K -- this is a stepping stone in saving my life.


I don't care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don't harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you are never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants.
*Zig Ziglar*

0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.