CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

10 Days

I have a new found love in my exercise routine....ZUMBA! I've seen the infomercials on TV and all these people talk about it, but never thought I'd really be able to do it. Well, last week, my walking buddy - Leah - bought Zumba for the Wii. OMG -- it is so much fun!!! Monday last week, we played Just Dance 3 because it was too cold outside. Tuesday is when she got the Zumba game and we did 20 minutes that night. Let me just tell you - it's not a difficult as I thought it would be and it is so much fun! I burned as many calories in that 20 minutes of dancing as I do in 45 minutes of walking! Thursday we did walk 2 miles but Friday we picked Zumba right back up!

Sunday, I met my accountability partner, Jessica, in Greenville to do a trial "run" through of the 5k I'm doing on the 21st....YES, you read that right -- I am walking a 5k (3.1 miles)! I took a map so I could see exactly where the course was and what it was going to be like. We ended up turning the wrong way and almost ended up in the ghetto of downtown Greenville! :-o ...anyway, It's going to be tough, but I know I can do it. I am determined to do it! Leah and Jessica are both going to do it with me. Leah is going to run/walk it though. I am so excited about it -- I can't wait! :) My sister is even going to make up shirts for us (she works at a trophy shop where they do some t-shirt work). It'll look something like this...

(the small part up top will be on the front, the other will be on the back)

Now back to my workouts...I was pretty sore on Monday. I expected it though. HOWEVER, I still ended up going to an actual Zumba class with Leah that was 45 MINUTES long! Oh yeah, my feet hurt pretty bad and I sweat up a storm -- but it was so much fun! I took last night off but met back up with Leah tonight to do another Zumba workout on the Wii. This time we did the mid-length class that was [again] 45 minutes long. Between both of those classes, I have burned over 2500 calories already this week...not including my 3 mile walk on Sunday...how crazy is that!?! It is so much fun that you don't really realize you're working out!

Well, it is my bedtime....can't wait to share more of my journey with you later! :) g'nite folks!!!

1 comments:

Jessica

So I finally took time to sit down and catch up on your blog. I am sitting at my desk in tears. I am so very happy that your direction is changing but you are still the awesome you I've always adored. I look forward to growing old and healthy with you my friend!av

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.