CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

My [New] Story

I can't even begin to tell you my WHOLE story, so let me just give you a few details and start from the past year. I have been fat all my life....from elementary school all through my adult life. I would think from time to time that I need to lose weight and would start to diet. But within weeks I was back to my old habits and going about my life. I hate to say it, but I was "content" with being fat....that's how I'd always been and I'd come to the realization that I was always going to be that way. WRONG!!! Last year, I went to the doctor for a regular check-up and my blood pressure was SKY HIGH. I knew in the back of my mind that it could always be a possibility because my mom has it but when the doctor told me what the reading was, I completely broke down. She referred me to a cardiologist to have it checked out....that was just as scary! Well, I went to the cardiologist and he did a complete blood panel and an EKG. Everything was fine with my heart and cholesterol. I just had the high blood pressure. I thank God that it wasn't worse -- at my weight, I'm surprised (and blessed!) I don't have a million other things wrong with me! Anyway, my cardiologist bluntly told me that if things didn't change, I would die very early. MAN what a wake-up call! I knew my life had to change....my eating habits, my activity level, my thoughts about food -- ALL of it!!

I was at Thirty-One Conference with some friends that I went to college with [we all reunited over 31!] back in July. I had never really shared my story with anyone or what the doctors were telling me....but at conference, one of the girls I was with - Jessica - and I had a "gettin nekid" conversation about it ALL!! I poured it all out to her and she shared some concerns and thoughts that she had about me during college and even now. Needless to say, we are now closer than ever! She has helped me to get going -- and stay on -- my journey to health and fitness. She is my accountability partner and helps me to set my short-term and long-term goals. Honestly, without Jessica, I would have probably given up a long time ago!!

I started my journey FULL FORCE on 9/11/2011 and so far have lost a total of 20.5 inches and my blood pressure is considerable lower! I still have a long ways to go and this is more than just a "diet". This is a complete lifestyle change and I want to include you all on this journey. I want to blog about my thoughts, foods, activities, and goals. My ultimate goal in doing this is to continue to keep myself accountable and to hopefully inspire others that IF I CAN DO THIS, SO CAN YOU!!!



2 comments:

Summer Mast Photography

Wow girl, this is really inspiring!! Seeing you stick to it for so long and not give up has been encouraging to me! Keep at it!

kristy smith

I am sooo proud of yoy! Keep it up! You are such an inspiration and I love watching your journey!

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.