CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

FOCUS

I've been sitting here with my blog up ready to post, but am just not sure how to put into words what I'm feeling/thinking. I haven't felt that great today. I haven't logged my calories for a couple of days, so I feel guilty about that. I didn't go walk today or do any other workout, so I'm bummed about that. The more I think about it, the more I realize that the days I don't workout are the days I feel the worst!
"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy."
*Legally Blonde*


I've come to the realization that working out keeps my mind on track. I feel like I'm actually doing something to change my life -- more accomplished. I've got to quit making excuses and letting things stop me from getting out there and doing what I'm supposed to do! I've got to do what makes me happy....and that's not food anymore! If I slack off on exercising, that's exactly where my mind goes. I'm starting to lose control and I cannot let that happen! So what I'm asking of you is this -- ASK me if I've worked out today. KEEP me accountable. Yes, I'm doing this for myself, but sometimes I just need that extra PUSH!


I did a devotion at a women's retreat a couple of years ago and my title was this: FOCUS. Faith Overcomes Circumstances and Undermines Satan! I have to stay focused. I cannot go back to my old way of living, eating, doing things. I have to keep moving forward no matter what tries to get in my way. I have to turn stumbling blocks into stepping stones. I have to keep going. I cannot let the best be behind me -- MY BEST is yet to come!


0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.