CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Good News

I haven't had much time to post this past week. I've been busy getting adapted to my new job (that I LOVE!). And this week we're in revival at church, so I'm trying to balance church and getting my exercise in, with the new job and errands and appointments and.....well, you get the picture! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give an "official" update that I have lost another 3.5 inches!! That brings my total to 31.25 inches over a period of six months. This all came together with an appt today with my cardiologist. I get there and they have me "hop up" on the bed -- THEN go to take my blood pressure. Aye! The nurse tries one arm...BP won't take. Moves to the other arm....still won't take. I'm thinking to myself - "Great, it's gonna be sky HIGH by the time she gets a reading." So she changes cuffs (to the regular sized) and gets it...130/82!!! Praise the Lord! I was so excited. I'm sure that might still sound "high" to some of you, but it WAS running 190/100! This is a major feat! They do my EKG and then say "the dr will be with you in a minute" -- you know how that goes. Well, he finally comes in and is continues with my exam. He asks how I am doing and I explain to him the past 6 months of change that I have been going through. Needless to say, he is very happy with my blood pressure, EKG, my weight loss, and my activity level! So much so that he doesn't want to see me back for 6 months - as opposed to the every 2 months it has been!! He even mentioned taking me off some of my medication for next time based on my progress! I'm telling you...I was so excited just to go to my appt and tell him what has been happening, much less hear those words actually come out of his mouth! :) That is one of my goals in the weight-loss journey of mine. Another one is to actually be able to be weighed when I go in for a dr's appointment. That didn't happen today, but IT WILL!! A very dear friend of mine posted this on my FB wall when I mentioned the success at my dr's appt today --
Hard work...Determination...Victory!!


0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.