CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Amazing

Man, let me just tell you -- my body has been throwing me some curve balls here lately. I cannot even begin to tell you how badly my neck and shoulders are bothering me. I'm pretty sure it's probably just stress from work, but they are so tight it's crazy! It has been so bad that I literally cannot stand it. I have not slept well for about the past week. I have been dreaming about people that I haven't seen in forever! Not usually a bad thing, but it has consumed my sleep so much that it has not been restful. Last night, I finally could not take it anymore so I took some meds and had my mom put some Bengay on my neck and shoulders. That was the first night that I have slept anywhere near peacefully. I don't think I moved until about 6am this morning.

Now, you wanna hear something crazy? ....I have also felt the most AMAZING this week! I know -- how bizarre, right?! I went to Zumba Monday and last night and I felt like those were the BEST workouts I have had in -- well, ever! I felt incredible leaving Inspire 4 Life Fitness this week. I don't know what it is...I have been going for almost 2 months now and I've felt the burn and worked my heart out...I just can't explain it. It's mind-boggling the difference Zumba and exercise have made in my life. There is so much more substance in my life and I have so much more to look forward to.


I know I do this all the time, but I really have to thank the people that have a part in my journey! Each one of you that post comments here on my blog or Facebook -- you will never know how much your encouragement and support truly mean to me. I thrive on it! My accountability partners - Leah and Jessica - have been incredible. Now, I can add Laurie to my list of important people. She is my Zumba instructor and she is wonderful! Thank you, Laurie, for your dedication to wellness and supporting people like me that aren't in the best of shape! You have made a real impact on me.

For those of you that say -- I don't feel like working out....JUST DO IT!! I feel worse when I don't work out than when I do. I basically just explained that to you! There is so much more to it than just "working out" or "exercising." There is such a feeling of accomplishment that comes out of walking for 20 minutes or going to a Zumba class. You don't have to be the best, but you'll never be anything if you don't at least TRY!


0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.