CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Longest Week Ever

I think this has been the LONGEST week EVER...and it's not even over yet!! I have watched Caleb every day except Monday. I worked every night except tonight with a friend of mine until at least 10:30 pm or later....which I am grateful for because I get paid for it -- but still exhausting. Tomorrow I have to watch Caleb again because my sister has stuff to catch up on at work (end of the school year awards). I'm leaving there and going to get my hair cut, which I guess is a little "me" time -- ehh, then heading off to Relay for Life all night til 7am Saturday. At which point, I must get some sleep, but I still have to work on my devotion to teach the teens on Sunday so I won't be able to crash like I really want/need to...

But, in the midst of my exhaustion, I remember the Scripture: Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28) I also bring back to memory the very thing I shared with my TAP session on retreat:

Have you thought about how big your God is today? Do you realize you have the Creator of the universe on your side? He's the God who spoke the world into existence. He's called the Great I Am. He's saying today, "I am everything you need. I am your strength. I am your wisdom. I am your protection. I am your provider. I am your way maker. I am your problem solver. I am your dream giver. I am your VICTORY!"

 I know that when I lay my head upon my pillow tonight, that God will bring comfort my weary body and the rest that I need. The Lord, my God, will give me then strength and energy to make it through all these events and provide a lesson that will speak to the hearts of those teenagers on Sunday.

0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.