CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Living 3 Songs

The past few days I have been living off 3 songs: “Chasing After You” by Bethany Church, “The More I Seek You” by Kari Jobe, and “I Call You Jesus” by Frontline Worship. These songs have played over and over on my computer and in my head. My desire has been growing stronger and stronger to get closer to God. So I’ve been chasing after Him, seeking Him, and calling His name! I just knew “There must be more now, Father!” I couldn’t get enough of God’s presence while listening to these songs! I taught the teen class at church Sunday night; my devotion was about trying to hear God’s voice, and why we can’t hear His voice sometimes. Even without a job, my life was too hectic, too loud, to hear what God was trying to tell me. But in the midst of my chaos, he reminded me that ‘He’s every answer. There’s no confusion about who He is to me’ and all He wants me to do is ‘lift my hands and tell what my heart says.’

Last night, I went to bed feeling down. Not really because I didn’t have a job or I was worried but just a feeling of -- I don’t know how exactly to describe it. I just didn’t feel good enough, like my life was lacking something. I sang one of those songs as I drifted off to sleep... “Chasing after You, I’m so hungry for Your presence. I come before your throne and lay all my burdens down. You said You’d never leave me, so I’ll take You at Your promise. My life is in Your hands, so I give You all I am.” I knew when I went to bed last night that “there must be more now, Father” and today I experienced MORE in my life. Well this morning, around 11 am, I experienced the rest of the song. “I found my deliverance here. I found my healing is here. I found my liberty’s here. I found it! I found it!” Just one month ago I was on retreat with the ladies from Calvary CoG. And, like last year, my prayer cloths and petitions before the Lord included me finding a job. Well, today I got one!! God saw fit to finally answer my prayer, in HIS timing, and produce a job for me. And it does come at the most perfect time because my brother just moved out this weekend -- he was our lifeline for two of our household bills. The job doesn’t have the best pay, but it works for us, and I know God can make more of it down the road if He sees fit.

The more I sought God, the more I found of Him. And the more I found Him, the more I love Him! I will continue to sit at His feet, drink from the cup in His hand, lay back against Him and breathe, feel His heart beat. His love is so deep, and it’s WAY MORE than I can stand. I melt in His peace; it’s overwhelming! So, tonight, I will lay my head down and go to sleep in PEACE…reminded that God is EVERY ANSWER!



1 comments:

Sherry Jefferson McLaughlin

I LOVE watching you grow in the Lord!!!! You make me so PROUD!!!!!! I am Praisin' with you!!!!!!

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.