CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thankful

I've been sitting here thinking about my weight-loss journey this morning. I am so very thankful to every single person that has had ANYTHING to do with getting me where I am. But there is one person in particular that goes unnoticed sometimes, even by me, and that's my trainer/instructor Laurie.


When I stepped into the Inspire 4 Life studio back in January to take my very first Zumba class, Laurie was the instructor. I was so unsure of how the class was going to go, I was intimidated, I was nervous, I was scared. Laurie made me feel welcome and comfortable. I wasn't scared or nervous to go to class after that. I was family. She is so encouraging and enthusiastic. She has a true passion for fitness and it shows in each of her classes and personal training sessions. She has been there to answer so many of my questions and keep me focused on my journey. She introduced me to the Paleolithic lifestyle. It has made such a difference in my life and how I feel. When I don't eat Paleo, I don't feel so great. I seriously can't tell you the many ways this woman changed my life.

I am no athlete by any stretch of the imagination, but I am eating healthier and exercing more -- ALOT more! I came across a random blog this morning about figure and bikini competitors and wanted to share some of what it said about trainers.
A Trainer is so many things to an athlete; it's a person that's an adviser, a spotter, a coach, a friend, a confidant, it could be someone that acts like a publicist, a consultant, a judge. Trainers can be gurus in the vast fields of nutrition and supplementation, but they can also be 100% focused on the training (per the title). Some trainers have a long list of certifications, meanwhile others don't have a single certificate (they're "expertise" was earned over decades transforming everyday men and women into champions - top ranked amateurs, professionals, even Arnold & Olympia level warriors!).

A real champion doesn't forget where they're from...Many of the champions we see here today - they owe a great deal to the men and women that make up their team. I don't want to take anything away from the champions (and you can bank their trainers don't either), but when you look at a physique that just marvels you, realize there's usually a lot that went into that - and part of "a lot" is all the hard work of trainers! This is our time to recognize a few truly gifted and committed people.

[http://figurebikini.blogspot.com/2012/03/trainer-appreciation.html]
This is my time to recognize my gifted and committed trainer Laurie Herring Carroll. She most certainly is an advisor and coach, but more importantly has become a friend and confidant. She has so much knowledge and enthusiasm to share and I am honored that she shares it with me. She has inspired me, and many others, to either start a journey or encouraged us in the journey we are currently on. She has pushed me byond my limits and continues to push me. I have developed more of a drive for exercise, fitness, and healty living through working out with her. She is just absolutely amazing. Thank you Laurie for everything you do and for continuing to help me reach my goals!!

0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.