CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Favorite Quotes

I just wanted to share some of my most favorite quotes, scriptures, and prayers with everyone. I know it may seem like a bunch of stuff, but i really do find inspiration in each one of them...so I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! :)


O Lord, my strength, make my life a daily witness, declaring in word, deed, and attitude that Jesus is alive. Lord, my own abilities will never be sufficient to accomplish this. So, I humbly pray, empower me by Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name, Amen.


“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
[Psalm 91:14-16]



Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
[Marianne Williamson]



Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you can think differently, that too God will make clear to you.
[Philippians 3:12-15]



As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.


There come times when I have nothing more to tell God.
If I were to continue to pray in words, I would have to
repeat what I have already said. At such times it is
wonderful to say to God, "May I be in Thy presence,
Lord? I have nothing more to say to Thee,
but I do love to be in Thy presence."
[O. Hallesby]



A friend accepts us as we are,
yet helps us to be what we should.


A friend is one who knows who you are,
understands where you have been,
accepts what you have become,
and still gently allows you to grow.


A good friend is a connection to life -
a tie to the past, a road to the future,
the key to sanity in a totally insane world.
[Lois Wyse]


Your greatest weakness will stop your greatest desire.
[Jesse Duplantis]


Emotions will draw you away from the will of God.
[Jesse Duplantis]


When I say that I'm a Christian, I'm not claiming
to be perfect; my flaws are far to visible,
but God believes I'm worth it!


Order my steps in Your word, dear Lord; lead me,
guide me, every day. Send Your annointing,
Father, I pray. Order my steps in Your word.


Lord I feel so small some times in this big ol' place
I know there are more important things, but
Don't forget to remember me.
[Carrie Underwood, "Don't Forget to Remember Me"]


Prayer is the soul's sincere desire, uttered or unexpressed;
the motion of a hidden fire that trembles in the breast.
[James Montgomery, What is Prayer?]


Be the kind of women that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says, "Oh crap, she's up!!"

0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.