CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Update - Post Transformation

Okay, so I know you're all dying to know how I'm doing post-transformation. Things are going well. I'm still working out full force. I am still implementing some of the Paleo lifestyle into my eating.

At my party last week, Bobby surprised me with a 6 month membership to Core 24. He had mentioned it to me at one of my first workouts with him, but he never said anything else about it so I didn't really put any more thought into it. PLUS, my 2 best friends from college (Jessica and Erica) surprised me with a 6 month unlimited membership to the studio (Inspire 4 Life Fitness)! I am unbelievably blessed to have these people in my life that want to invest in my health and fitness! I picked up a couple more classes at the studio this week and did a workout at the gym today. I'm working on getting a real workout schedule done so I know what I'm doing when.

I have 2 5ks coming up within the next 6 months. One is the Color Run in Charlotte on November 17th. Then there is another 5k I want to do in January in Atlanta called the Hot Chocolate 5k! The only thing about the one in Atlanta is that there is a 15 minute mile pace requirement. Right now I am at about a 22 minute mile pace. That is one of my goals -- to get to the 15 minutes. I actually started working on that today at the gym. I hit the treadmill with some hills and started increasing my speed. I know it's going to take ALOT and even some running/jogging, but I'll make it! I'm hoping to be under 20 minutes/mile by the 5k in November -- 8 weeks! We'll see how that goes!

In the meantime, I'm just working as hard as I can to get further in my journey. My next goal date is March 22nd. I'll be having dinner with Erica and Jessica for E's birthday. It's part of their "gift" to me. They want to know numbers and progress that day. I'm ready to knock their socks off! :)

0 comments:

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind. God has really blessed me more than I could ever imagine, but the truth is that Satan HATES me!! I face struggles & temptation every single day of my life; but no matter what happens, I still strive to do the will of God. Because I put my faith & trust in God, He has provided relief for me & my family time & time again! God never fails to comfort & remind me of His promise that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). There have been countless times that I did not deserve God’s grace & should not have been granted mercy. But He has granted me mercy & forgiveness, as well as goodness & grace -- all for the purpose of sharing it with those I meet along the path of life. Some days are better than others, but you always have to remember to keep pressing on! Keep praising HIM & He’ll never fail to bring you through the storm.